United Thank OfferingWe are called by God to reach out and help others whenever and however we are able:
Lord, when was it that
We saw you hungry and gave you food?
We saw you thirsty and gave you something to drink?
We saw you a stranger and welcomed you?
We saw you sick and took care of you?
We saw you in prison and visited you?
‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’
—Matthew 25: 37-40 (NRSV)
We take that calling seriously at Grace Church. Our parish supports local, national and international efforts to meet human needs of all kinds. That support comes in the form of financial donations, physical labor, leadership, shared skills, educational opportunities and building relationships.
Grace's outreach ministries include the following (click on the links to learn more):
- Creation Care Ministry: Educating and activating our parish on a variety of environmental issues through classes, workshops and projects for the care and protection of our earth.
- Deaconess Anne House: An Episcopal Service Corps project in Old North St. Louis.
- Episcopal City Mission: Providing hope and healing for youth in the St. Louis juvenile justice system.
- Episcopal Relief & Development: An international aid agency.
- Grace Hill Settlement House: Educational, health and economic programs for children and families in St. Louis.
- Habitat for Humanity: Helping build houses so everyone has a decent place to live.
- Hands on Kirkwood: An ecumenical day of service throughout the Kirkwood community.
- Jerusalem Ministries: Supporting the four Anglican dioceses of the Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East.
- Kirk Care: Kirkwood community food and assistance organization.
- Magdalene St. Louis: A residential program for women recovering from prostitution, sex trafficking, abuse and addiction.
- Shepherd's Center of Webster-Kirkwood: Inspiring dynamic living among older adults through volunteerism, enrichment and community connection.
- SPROG: An affordable summer camp held at Grace Church offering transformative educational, cultural and social experiences for local children.
- St. Louis Interfaith Partnership: An ecumenical group bringing people together for dialogue, celebration, service, pursuit of social justice and increased understanding of one another.
- Trinity Food Pantry and Hot Lunch: Free food ministries offered through Trinity Episcopal Church in the Central West End, St. Louis.
- United Thank Offering: An outreach of the Episcopal Church, providing grants for programs in the U.S. and overseas.
Download the 2020 Report of the Outreach Committee to the parish to learn more about the committee. Outreach Annual Report 2020
For more information about our involvement with any of these organizations, please contact the church office.